Sunday, March 6, 2011

Romano Pasta with Diane Keaton


I have a guilty pleasure of loving Diane Keaton movies. I think she plays some really classy ladies. There's just something about her in Something's Gotta Give, with her house in The Hamptons and how her clothes match her interior decorating. I love it!

In Because I Said So she's a mom and she loves to cook. There's one scene where she's had a particularly stressful day so she makes herself this delicious looking pasta dinner and eats it all alone in her kitchen. This isn't to say I've had a particularly stressful day, quite the opposite, but I am saying there are moments when I make myself pasta and I'm home alone that I feel like I too could be the next great playwright (Maybe I should write plays first?). But now I'm mixing up my movies. The point is there's an extremely satisfying feeling in making an elegant pasta all for myself.

On this chilly afternoon the elegant dish was Romano Pasta - a fettucini noodle sauteed in a marsala, garlic, shallot reduction and topped with graded romano cheese.


The marsala and shallot paired up so nicely. They really brought out the sweetness of each other. And the romano cheese added just the right amount of saltiness.

Here's to your Diane Keaton Pasta Meal -

Fettucini Noodles
Olive Oil
1 Clove Garlic
1/2 Shallot
1/4 Cup Marsala Cooking Wine
Pinch of Flour
Freshly Graded Romano Cheese

Begin boiling your water as you start to saute your garlic and shallot in the marsala and olive oil. I cooked mine on medium heat and this reduced the juices to a good level. Let the mix sit on low while your noodles cook.

Once the noodles are ready add them to your pan of garlic and shallot. Sprinkle some flour on top to thicken your glaze over the noodles. Then add half of the cheese while the noodles are still in the pan and the other half once in the bowl.

No comments:

Post a Comment